Welcome to the rugged South Australian west coast…where the journey is part of the experience.
Sit back, relax and unwind, and leave your cares behind.
This film was produced by Regional Development Australia Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula
in conjunction with the District Council of Elliston,
the South Australian Tourism Commission and Mark Tipple Photography.
With rugged cliffs that tower over the pounding Southern Ocean, secluded beaches bordered by mountainous sand dunes and native scrubland, this coast is a unique and ideal place to enjoy a well earned break.
Use one of our five towns as a base for exploration of:
- our magnificent, rugged West Coast coastline
- the pristine conservation parks including the adjacent Gawler Ranges
- the heritage of our farming communities
- some of the best surf spots on Eyre Peninsula, and
- our top salmon fishing spots, including Locks Well with the challenging 283 steps to the beach.
With majestic sunsets, cliff top drives boasting spectacular views and our picturesque coastal towns, you are sure to find something to delight.